This Law was further reviewed and replaced by Law Nº 09/2013 of 01/03/2013 establishing Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority (RURA) and determining its mission, powers, organisation and functioning. This Law gives to RURA the mandate to regulate:
Telecommunications, information technology, broadcasting and converging electronic technologies including the internet and any other audiovisual information and communication technology;
Renewable and non-renewable energy, industrial gases, pipelines and storage facilities;
Transport of persons and goods;
Radiation Protection; and
Other public utilities, if deemed necessary.
To be a leading global regulator of public utilities.
In regulating public utilities, RURA:
• promotes free and fair competition;
• protects the rights of consumers and balances the interests of all stakeholders;
• promotes availability of affordable, quality services to all; and
• leads in the development of the public utilities sectors.
The Authority upholds the following core values:
• Transparency and Accountability
Toll Free 3988